Here are 10 things true leaders do:
1. They listen to their team members.
2. They coach employees rather than threatening them with a poor performance review or dismissal.
3. They trust their employees to do their jobs without close supervision.
4. They are open to and grateful for new ideas.
5. They encourage their teammates.
6. They bring important issues to senior leadership to be dealt with. They are not afraid to broach sticky or politically-sensitive topics — or maybe they are afraid, but they do it anyway.
7. They thank and acknowledge their team members.
8. They inspire people to do great things.
9. They hire people who are skilled in areas they’re not skilled in.
10. They lead through trust, rather than fear.
Taken from: Weak bosses
And a saying from the Spideman movie flutters into my thought bubble;
With great power, comes great responsibility.